We would like to reassure you that we will continue to operate within Government guidelines.
During your stay
If you feel unwell with Covid-19 symptoms during your stay you must self isolate and inform us that you have done so. You must then arrange a test. If the test is positive you must return home to your main residence immediately, this is so you are near to your own doctors and hospital.
If you're due to leave and have not got time to have a test you must drive home self isolate and have a test there, again not stopping on route.
To keep guests as safe as possible we have a new cleaning regime following government and industry guidelines.
All guests must keep 2 metres from one another and wash or sanitize your hands regularly.
During this time we are not allowing guests to have visitors to our site.
Campsite guests we ask you to use your own onboard facilities where you have them.
If your holiday has to end early due to suspected covid-19 symptoms we are sorry but we are unable to offer any refunds (our standard terms and conditions apply).
Refunds/transfer of holiday:
Should we have a national lock down or you are told you are unable to travel due to your tier level or we are unable to have guests due to our tier level then the following options will be available to you.
1) Your holiday is paid in full - We can put the whole amount paid towards another stay or we are happy to offer a Full balance refund and a transfer of your booking deposit to another stay. Alternatively we can offer a full refund.
2) You have paid a deposit - We can put this payment towards another stay either when you book another stay immediately or if your happy to wait for a cancellation. Alternatively we can offer a refund of your deposit.
We recommend that all guests take out travel insurance just in case they have to cancel their stay due to a positive covid test or suspected covid infection.
If you (or anybody in your party) contract or suspect you have contracted COVID19 or are required to self-isolate for any COVID related reason, you should make a claim through your own travel insurance. We are sorry but will not be responsible if you (or anybody in your party) has to cancel your stay due to Covid related illness or suspected illness or a requirement to self-isolate. Our insurance does not cover us for loss due to a pandemic therefore if you are concerned we recommend that an insurance policy is taken out.
Refunds will only be considered where the government has informed us that we must close or you are in a tier level that means you are unable to travel.
Kipscombe Holidays Cottages Terms & Conditions
A: To pay a deposit to secure the letting of 20%, minimum of £50 by Bacs transfer (preferred), Debit/ credit card (stripe) or cheque. We will reserve your dates for 48 hours from your booking request. If the booking is for a holiday within 6 weeks then full payment will be required at time of booking to secure the holiday. We also require completion of a booking form which can be completed online.
B: The balance is payable in full 6 weeks prior to your arrival date (via bacs). If your holiday is due to start within 6 weeks then full payment will be due to secure your booking.
C: We also ask for a £100.00 refundable damage/ housekeeping deposit which is payable by Bacs two weeks prior to your arrival date or it can be paid with your balance (bacs).
D: We reserve the right to re-let any holiday where any monies due are more than 7 days in arrears whereupon any monies paid by the Guest over and above the non-refundable Deposit will be refunded. However, if we are unable to re-let the holiday the Guest will remain liable for the outstanding balance of the cost of the holiday.
2 Cancellation and changes:-
A: If you need to cancel your reservation, please notify us immediately.
B: Your deposit will be forfeited if you cancel your reservation more than 6 weeks before your holiday is due to start, if less than 6 weeks you will be liable for the full amount due.
C: We strongly recommended that you have your own holiday cancellation insurance in place
D: If you need to make any changes to your reservation, for example change of dates, please contact us as soon as you are aware, a £20.00 admin fee may apply.
E: Our cancellation policy due to covid19 differs from above. See our covid page.
3 Arrivals & Departure:-
A: You are most welcome to arrive between 4pm-6pm and we will be onsite to welcome you. On day of arrival if you know you are likely to arrive later than 6pm, please let us know by text, email or telephone.
B: We ask that guests vacate the cottage by 10am on the day of departure.
A: We will provide you with electricity & central heating (via oil fired boiler) at no extra charge. Your 1st basket of logs is supplied free of charge.
B: WiFi is provided for your use, but its speed cannot be guaranteed. No refund will be given for loss of internet access, or losses incurred by no internet access. Residential use only not business.
A: NO smoking policy within the cottage; this includes the use of e-cigarettes (vaping). Smoking of all types is only permitted in the cottage garden away from open doors or windows (ash bin provided). Smoking is allowed in areas of our grounds, but we ask that you’re away from our house and other guests.
6 Cleaning & Damages:-
A: We do ask for an additional £100 housekeeping/damage deposit which can be added to your final balance or paid via bacs no later than 2 weeks before your holiday start date. This will be returned within 7 days after you have departed, should no damage be done or a deep clean be required.
B: Should you become aware of any damage or breakages please make us aware as soon as possible. Damages and losses will be charged in full.
C: We ask that you leave the cottage clean and tidy on your departure. If excessive hoovering has to be done by us, then a £20.00 charge will be deducted from your housekeeping deposit.
A: Only those listed on the booking form may stay at the cottage, this includes the number of dogs stated. Should you wish to have day guests these must be approved by us first.
B: We operate an Adult only complex no children under the age of 18 are allowed.
C: When not within the property or its garden, the property must be left secure, doors locked and windows locked (closed or venting setting.) In the event of theft from the property due to an unsecure door/window you may be liable for those contents replacement.
D: The patio doors out to the garden must not be left open throughout the night, on misty foggy days or when there is risk of rain or strong winds. If these doors are left open our cottage will become damp and the boiler/ heating may not operate.
8 Unsocial behaviour:-
A: We have the right to ask you to leave, should you, your guest or any dog be deemed to be unsociable or who causes damage to our property. If there are any issues you feel that should be disclosed please discuss this with us.
A: We or our representatives shall have access to the property at any reasonable time should it be felt necessary.
B: We cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or injuries to you or your pet during your stay with us.
C: Your vehicle and possessions are left at your own risk.
A: Only the dogs stated on the booking form will be allowed. Dogs must be at least 12 months old.
B: Dogs to be kept on short leads within our grounds other than in designated off lead areas, you must always clear up after your dog.
C: Dogs are not to be left alone in the cottage for any reason. If dogs are found to be left unsupervised in the cottage then we have the right to end your holiday with immediate effect.
D: All dogs must be free from worms and fleas
E: Although we try to make our fences as secure as possible we cannot guarantee that they are totally escape proof.
F: Use of any of our land or equipment is at your own risk.
11 Electric vehicles:-
A: The charging of electric cars is strictly prohibited
If there is a breach of any of these conditions by the Guest or any of their party, we Kipscombe Holidays reserve the right to re-enter the property and end the holiday and ask the guest and their party to leave.
By proceeding with the booking, guests agree to these terms and conditions
The premises are for the purpose of a holiday let only and the guests occupy the premises solely on this basis
End of cottage terms
Devon Banks Campsite T&C's
Kipscombe Holidays Devon banks campsite – Terms & Conditions
1 Permitted Arrival / Departure times:-
- Guest’s arrival is strictly after 1pm but before 6pm (late arrivals to confirm this when booking and to notify site on the day if running late). Strictly no admittance after 9pm.
- Guest’s must report to the site owner before pitching and pay any site fees due, unless other arrangements have been made.
- Guests’ must pitch where directed to by the site owner, and must not encroach upon any other pitches. Where possible keep vehicles off of the grass around hardstanding pitches.
- If you are a member of freedom camping club please supply member number
- Guest’s must vacate their pitch strictly by 12pm on the day of departure, pitches must be left clear of all property and refuse.
- We accept deposit payments by debit/credit card online or BACS (Bank Transfer preferred), cheques considered. Balance payments we prefer bacs but cards also considered (via online). We do not have the ability to take card payments onsite or over the telephone.
- We ask for a non-refundable booking fee/ deposit of 50% of total pitch cost to secure a stay (per pitch booked). Max group booking:2
- Full balance is payable 14 days before arrival. If booking a pitch and your arrival date is sooner than 14 days then full payment becomes due immediately.
- If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will need to be made.
- In the event of a no show or booking reduction (after arrival date) the full cost of the booking is charged. Cancellation policy
- No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
- Modifications maybe subject to a £5.00 fee.
- Bookings cannot be amended within 14 day(s) of arrival.
- No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
- Bookings are non-transferable. We recommend you purchase holiday cancellation insurance.
- We are a site exclusively for adults, therefore no persons under 18 years are permitted within the campsite area.
- Guest’s must dispose of rubbish, water, chemical waste and dog waste as directed by the site owner.
- Rubbish: we operate a green site and recycle as much as possible. All waste to go in appropriate bin. Only rubbish that cannot be recycled can go in the general waste bin. Only general holiday rubbish can be left, Your personal items/ large items you must take home, items like; broken awnings, chairs, tents, sleeping bags, boots etc.. Cannot be left.
- Commercial vehicles or sign written vehicles must be approved by us first.
- Units longer than 7.6m are not permitted on site.
- Vehicle speed must be kept to 5mph at all times onsite. Please drive slowly
- Group bookings of 3 or more units travelling together are not permitted. (e.g. tent, touring caravan, motorhome or accommodation hire)
- We are a quiet site and we wish to keep it this way, noise should be kept to a reasonable level at all times. There should be no noise or vehicle movement between 10:30pm & 7:00am. If you arrive back after 10:30pm (main gate maybe locked between 10:30pm & 7am) you must leave your vehicle outside our main wooden gate and walk to your pitch, this is so not to disturb other guests.
- The odd day visitor (18+) maybe allowed, but they must be approved first (extra charge may apply) they must vacate our site by 9pm.
- Awnings are allowed but Only breathable ground sheets to be used. On the hardstanding pitches NO awnings on the grass in winter months.
- We do NOT permit generators of any type onsite.
- Barbecues are permitted but must be raised off the ground and attended by an adult at all times
- Open fires / fire pits are not permitted.
- Cutting or damaging trees and other vegetation is strictly prohibited.
- If a site owner feels that a guest’s behaviour or the behaviour of dog(s) is causing a nuisance, the site owner is permitted to ask the guest to cease the behaviour or leave the site (no refunds given).
- All dog waste must be picked up. We now only allow compostable dog waste bags to be left onsite (made from cornstarch and compost down in 1 year or less). We will provide you with an initial supply to get you started. You’re able to purchase more from us at cost price if you need them. All other dog waste bags must be taken off site.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead when within the camping area and around our land, exceptions to this is in the off lead dog area’s and down by the stream (if your dog is well behaved). When at your pitch your dog must be secured with a lead to stop them from wandering. We recommend a ground spike and 6m tie cable. If we have allowed you to have a dog garden then your dog can be kept off lead within this as long as they are secure with no means to wander and will not be a nuisance to other guests, please look after our grass though..
- Dogs are not to be secured to electrical posts or trees.
- We ask that dog toileting and play is carried out away from your pitch where possible.
- Dog barking. We accept that dogs will bark when having fun, but they must not bark excessively. At night dogs should be quiet with no howling.
- We prefer that dogs are not left in units unattended.
- All dogs must be free from worms and fleas and we recommend no bitches in season.
- Although we try to make our fences as secure as possible we cannot guarantee that they are totally escape proof.
- Use of paddling pools if forbidden as they kill grass and use excess amounts of water. We have a stream where dogs can cool off
- We have the right to ask you to leave, should you, your guest or any dog be deemed to be unsociable or who causes damage to our property/ grounds. If there are any issues you feel that should be disclosed please discuss this with us.
- If you feel unwell with Covid-19 symptoms during your stay you must self isolate and inform us that you have done so. You must then arrange a test. If the test is positive you must return home to your main residence immediately. This is so you are near to your own doctors and hospital. If you're due to leave and have not got time to have a test you must drive home and have a test there, again not stopping on route.
- To keep guests as safe as possible we have a new cleaning regime following government and industry guidelines.
- All guests must keep 2 metres from one another and wash or sanitize your hands regularly.
- During this time we are not allowing guests to have visitors to our site.
- Campsite guests we ask you to use your own onboard facilities where you have them.
- If your holiday has to end early or does not start due to covid-19 symptoms we are unable to offer any refunds (our standard terms and conditions apply). Refunds will only be considered where the government has informed us that we must close or your area has gone into lockdown.
We cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or injuries to you or your pet during your stay with us. •
Your vehicle and possessions are left at your own risk and use of any of our equipment/ grounds is at your own risk.
If there is a breach of any of these conditions by the guest or any of their party, we Kipscombe Holidays reserve the right to end the holiday and ask the guest and their party to leave.
By booking a stay with us, guests agree to these terms and conditions