A truly dog friendly holiday cottage in North Devon. A spacious single story property with 1 bedroom, sleeping 2. It provides an ideal space for 1 or 2 adults with or without dogs to enjoy Exmoor and the North Devon area. Originally a shippon on a 110 acre farm, cows would have come and gone throughout the day. Then in the 1980's the farm reduced in size and the shippon was converted into stables and a tack room. In 2009 it was then converted into extra living accommodation for the previous owners of Kipscombe. Now the cottage provides Self-catering holidays in the beautiful North Devon Countryside.
TRULY DOG FRIENDLY
We know that for many of us a holiday just isn’t a holiday without our canine companion that's why at Kipscombe holidays we make it an adventure for dogs. We allow up to 3 dogs for Free in Babbling Brook cottage (more considered by arrangement). We have also added many facilities for dog and owner based on our holiday experiences and what we felt was missing when holidaying with a dog.
Babbling Brook cottage, great for exploring Exmoor
Property Key Features:
- Detached single storey property
- Great views from lounge and conservatory & tranquil sound of the babbling brook
- Enclosed patio garden with hose/wash area, ideal for muddy paws or boots
- Conservatory with tiled floor and access to garden
- Wooden oak floors throughout
- Wood burner in Lounge/kitchen area (1st supply of logs free)
- Oak King size bed with deep comfy mattress
- Spacious bathroom with walk in shower
- Freesat TV, Sony DVD player & Panasonic DAB+ FM stereo with bluetooth
- Free WiFi
- Central heating and hot water provided via oil boiler
- Bike & walkers store area
- Access to our acres of land with Exmoor views
- Dogs very welcome
Something for the dogs
- Safe private enclosed patio garden (4ft fence)
- Throws for the sofa and conservatory chairs
- Two dog towels for your use (1 micro fibre)
- Dirt trapper rugs /mats
- Fixed stairgate, helps keep dogs out of the bedroom if needed
- 100% Compostable dog waste bags to use onsite
- Dog waste bins onsite
- Dog on holiday Id tags for your dogs
- Outside wash hose
- Dog wash bowl, shampoo & brush
- Some doggy treats
- No spill dog water bowl
- We provide cuddles and attention if your dog likes it
- Use of half an acre fenced orchard for off lead exercise (4ft fence)
- Excess to a 3 acre field for your use if required (3-4ft)
- Excess to the babbling brook walk with stream
- Use of 2 acre secure dog walking field (6ft)
Half an acre fenced orchard within 10 metres of the cottage. An ideal space for dogs to run and play off lead. (this is only used by us and babbling Brook guests only)
Secure dog walking field
We do ask cottage guests that if you do not require the secure field or you think you may not be about to use it, please do not book it. Instead use the 3 acre fenced field, this means we will be able to hire it out to locals who are in need of it. Thank you
- 6th October to 31st March - 1x free 50 minute session per day in our exclusive use 2 acre secure field for those that require it (saving £8 per day). You'll also have free exclusive use sessions in our 3 acre fenced field.
- 1st April to 5th October - 2x Free 50 minute sessions per day in our exclusive use 2 acre secure field for those that require it (saving £16 per day). Our 3 acre field becomes a communal dog field this time of year. If you do not require the secure field or you think you may not be about to use it, please do not book it.
Read more on our dog’s welcome page
More about Babbling Brook Cottage
Our cottage is located on our land at Kipscombe North Devon (bordering Somerset & Exmoor). The property has 1 bedroom and can sleep 2 Adults.
Bedroom – In here you will find an amazingly comfortable King size oak bed, 2 Oak bedside cabinets each with touch lights. There's built in wardrobes with plenty of space for hanging and storing clothes. In the wardrobes you will also find an ironing board, iron, mirror and hair dryer. There is a window to the front of the cottage and a small Velux window with remote control blind so you can gaze at the stars during the evening from the comfort of the bed.
Bathroom - A very spacious room with a close coupled toilet, wash basin, large walk in shower and plenty of storage space (White towels and shower mat provided). A Velux window for natural light. Radiator and heated towel rail. Supply of hand soap, shower gel which are in refillable bottles (Eco friendly).
We provide a stair gate between the lounge & bedroom / bathroom. You are welcome to use this should you need to keep dogs out of these areas.
Lounge / Kitchen Diner - An open plan area creating a light and spacious feel. The wood burning stove is the central focal point of the room, once lit it gives out an amazing amount of heat, really cozy on dark or cold days. There is a large two-seater leather sofa with dog throw, Satellite TV, DVD player, DAB+ FM stereo with bluetooth. Dinner can be enjoyed at the Oak table for 2.
There is a well-equipped kitchen with oak units, LPG oven and hob. dishwasher, fridge, small 32 litre freezer, toaster, kettle, Tassimo coffee maker, cutterly and all pots n pans we think you'll need.
Three steps lead down to the conservatory.
Conservatory - This room is heated so can be enjoyed all year round and leads on to the enclosed patio garden.
Outside garden space - there is an enclosed sheltered patio where you can listen to the sound of our Babbling Brook. Outside hose to wash muddy dog paws and boots. There is an outside table and seating for two. There is a rotary clothes dryer and an ash bin for hot ash from the fire.
Parking - You can park to side of the cottage next to the steps that leads to the rear patio garden. It's out the way and easy to take dogs into the cottage. There are three steps here up to the patio garden.
The Apple Orchard - within 10 metres of the cottage is our fenced apple orchard, here you may sit and chill out while your dogs have a run around off lead. A little further on our land you're also find our 3 acre fenced paddock, and by arrangement the 2 acre secure field.
Accessibility: There are 3 steps up to the rear patio garden, entrance via the conservatory. From the conservatory there are 3 steps into the rest of the cottage. We also have a front door with two shallow steps. The cottage maybe suitable for people with limited mobility but is not wheelchair accessible and parts of our land is hilly.
Booking the cottage
If you are interested in booking our cottage or have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us. We do book up early, currently a year in advance. If you have dates in mind, we recommend reserving them to avoid disappointment.
Email via our contact us page or telephone 01598 763 711. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
COVID19 update. We are nearly fully booked for 2021, however some breaks maybe be cancelled due to holiday makers individual circumstances. If you would like to go on a cancellation list, please email us.
Darren & Sarah